Monday, September 24, 2012

Things will get much worse before they get any better

Long time no blogging. Lots of things happened.

I lost my father. He passed away suddenly back in the spring from a heart attack barely a month after I have visited him. I flew back to Europe, missed the funeral, but I could spend more time with my family. In a way, I am grateful that I was able to see him, but I am crushed because we planned to do so many things together as a family, finally, now that I could travel more. I find it weird that when I call home I don't get to talk to my father anymore. I miss him.

Then I did a donor egg IVF, just like I promised to my dad on the first trip. I had a spontaneous miscarriage five weeks into pregnancy. It was brutal. I bled for two weeks. After the bleeding stopped, the beta went up. I was diagnosed with ectopic pregnancy, got injections of methorex to expel the fetal tissue and finally, near the end of August the beta dropped to zero and I started getting periods.

Then I learnt that my grandmother was diagnosed with terminal cancer. She passed away later in the summer. I couldn't even get time off from work to visit because I used all of my vacation time.

Then I had a major dental surgery.

In between of everything, DH and I were working on completing renovations of our house and preparing it for sale.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my, you've been through a lot. I'm so sorry for your losses of your Dad and Grandma and baby. It sounds like a horrific year. I hope things take a turn for the better now - you deserve a break!

    ReplyDelete